18 and older
This big data training course will provide a technical overview of Apache Hadoop for project managers, business managers and data analysts. Students will understand the overall big data space, technologies involved and will get a detailed overview of Apache Hadoop. The course will expose students to real world use cases to comprehend the capabilities of Apache Hadoop. Students will also learn about YARN and HDFS and how to develop applications and analyze Big Data stored in Apache Hadoop using Apache Pig and Apache Hive. Each topic will provide hands on experience to the students.
The course is developed and taught by certified Hadoop consultants who have a passion for teaching and help deliver value to various clients using Big Data and Hadoop technologies on a daily basis.
- Learn about the big data ecosystem
- Understand the benefits and ROI you can get from your existing data
- Learn about Hadoop and how it is transforming the workspace
- Learn about MapReduce and Hadoop Distributed File system
- Learn about using Hadoop to identify new business opportunities
- Learn about using Hadoop to improve data management processes
- Learn about using Hadoop to clarify results
- Learn about using Hadoop to expand your data sources
- Learn about scaling your current workflow to handle more users and lower your overall performance cost
- Learn about the various technologies that comprise the Hadoop ecosystem
Part 1: Introduction to Big Data
Part 2: Survey of Big Data technologies
Part 3: Introduction to Hadoop
Part 4: Introduction to MapReduce
Part 5: Introduction to Yarn
Part 6: Introduction to HDFS
Part 7: Data Transformation
Part 8: Structured Data Analysis?
Part 9: Loading data into Hadoop
Part 10: Automating workflows in Hadoop
Part 11: Exploring opportunities in your own organizationHands-on Exercises
Who should attend:
- How to use MapReduce in Hadoop?
- How to use Yarn within Hadoop?
- Overview of HDFS commands
- Hands-on activities with Pig
- Hands-on activities with Hive/HCatalog
- Hands-on activities with Sqoop
- Demonstration of Oozie
Anybody who is involved with databases, data analysis, wondering how to deal with the mountains of data (any where gigabytes of user/log data etc to petabytes will benefit from this program.
This course is perfect for:
- Business Analysts
- Software Engineers
- Project Managers
- Data Analysts
- Business Customers
- Team Leaders
- System Analysts
No prior knowledge of big data and/or Hadoop is required for this class. Some prior programming experience is a plus for this class, but not necessary.